Item number: NG-301
Uses: Acceptable for use on any external scar. Cut and trim to fit the scar site. New Gel+ is safe for use on children ages two years and older.
Developed by doctors for use in hospitals and clinics, NewGel+ is a safe, effective, non-invasive method to manage and improve scars. NewGel+ sheets are made of 100% medical grade silicone gel sheeting, contain no latex, and are made in the USA. Through a combination of occlusion (seals the scar from exposure to air/bacteria), hydration, elevated skin temperature and continuous light pressure, NewGel+ sheets are clinically proven to smooth, reduce, flatten, and fade old and new scars. Positive results can be seen in as little as three weeks.
Both beige and clear backing are equally effective and contain the same amount of silicone. So what’s the difference? Clear backing is thinner and a bit more conformable than beige backing. Beige backing is thicker and slightly more durable than the clear backing. Both contain the same amount of silicone and are equally effective in the treatment of scars.
Size: Each package contains one 5 inch x 6 inch (12.7 cm x 15.2 cm) sheet
Ingredients: Medical Grade Polymerized Siloxanes (Silicone Gel) with a clear polyurethane backing
- Additional Information
- Only begin using NewGel+ when the scar is closed and/or suctures have been removed. Do not use NewGel+ on an open wound.
- Remove NewGel+ from package. If necessary, cut and trim the sheet so it extends at least ½ inch beyond the area to be treated.
- Wash and dry the area being treated prior to every time you apply NewGel+. Ensure scar site is free of creams, lotions, or ointments to ensure NewGel+ remains adhesive.
- Peel off release liner and apply NewGel+, adhesive side down, directly on area being treated.
- NewGel+ should be worn every day for 2 months minimum, for 6 to 23 hours per day. For best results, it should be worn continuously but remove once per day for inspection of the site and to allow the site to be washed and dried. Additional improvement may occur with continued use up to 6 months.
- If NewGel+ becomes dirty or loses adhesiveness, wash sheet gently with tap water and mild hand soap. Allow to air dry before reapplying. If NewGel+ disintegrates or no longer sticks, replace sheet. Each piece should last 3-4 weeks.
- If you have highly sensitive skin, begin using NewGel+ for 4 hours per day for the first 4 days to determine any possible reaction. Thereafter, increase usage time.
- Keep packaging for storage of the product when not in use.
For Optimal Results:
Use NewGel+ sheeting as your primary treatment and NewGel+E gel when sheeting would be inconvenient or hard to secure.
Do not use both products at the same time.
- Until the scar site is completely closed with the sutures removed and no oozing, do not begin using NewGel+.
- Rash may occur in people with sensitive skin, as with any product applied to skin. If a reaction occurs, wash and dry the area. You may reapply the product for shorter periods of time.
- If the rash is serious or itching continues, discontinue use of product and consult with your doctor.
- Keep out of reach of children.