Item number: NG-160
Uses: Designed for use on post-operative incision scars from Caesarean-sections (C-Section). The NewGel+ C-Section Strips will help keep your scar flat and soft while easing itching, tightness and pain. The soft silicone will also help cushion your scar and protect it from irritation and sensitivity caused by rubbing against your clothes.
Did you know? The C-Section Strips can also be used for thyroidectomy and hysterectomy scars.
- Developed by doctors for use in hospitals and clinics, NewGel+ C-Section Strips are specially formulated medical grade silicone gel sheeting, clinically proven to reduce, flatten, fade and smooth scars – both old and new.
- NewGel+ C-Section Strips offer a safe, effective, non-invasive method to manage and improve scars in the abdominal area. They can be worn beneath undergarments.
- NewGel+ C-Section Strips work through a combination of occlusion (seals the scar from exposure to air/bacteria), hydration, elevated skin temperature and continuous light pressure.
- Positive results can be seen in as little as 3 weeks.
- Beige backing is thicker and slightly more durable than the clear backing. Clear backing is thinner and more conformable. Both are equally effective and contain the same amount of silicone.
- Contains no latex.
- Made in the U.S.A.
Size: Each package contains two curved 8 inch x 2 inch (20.3 cm x 5.1 cm) c-section strips with fabric backing
Ingredients: Medical Grade Polymerized Siloxanes (Silicone Gel) with a Lycra (Spandex) backing
- Additional Information
- Begin using NewGel+ when scar is closed and/or sutures have been removed. Do not use on any open wound.
- Remove NewGel+ from the package. If needed, cut and trim so that it extends at least 1/2 inch (1 centimeter) beyond the area to be treated.
- Wash and dry the area being treated every time you apply NewGel+.
- Peel off release liner and apply NewGel+, adhesive side down, directly on area being treated.
- Make sure the scar site is free of creams, lotions and ointments (including NewGel+E gel) as they will cause NewGel+ to lose adhesiveness.
- Although NewGel+ is self-adhesive, if needed, it can be secured with our NewGel+ Tape or NewGel+ Elastic Netting
- NewGel+ sheeting should be worn every day for 6 to 23 hours. For best results it can be worn continuously but should be removed once per day for inspection of the site and to allow the site to be washed and dried.
- NewGel+ should be worn every day for a minimum of 2 months. Additional improvement may occur with continued use up to 6 months.
- When NewGel+ becomes dirty or loses adhesiveness, wash gently with tap water and mild hand soap then air-dry before reapplying.
- If you have highly sensitive skin, begin using NewGel+ for 4 hours per day for the first 4 days to determine any possible reaction. Thereafter, increase usage time.
- NewGel+ should be replaced when it deteriorates, disintegrates or will no longer stick. Each piece should last 3 to 4 weeks.
- Keep packaging for storage of the product when not in use.
For Optimal Results:
- Use NewGel+ sheeting as your primary treatment and NewGel+E gel when sheeting would be inconvenient or hard to secure.
- Do not use both products at the same time.
- Do not begin using NewGel+ until your scar site is completely closed (sutures removed, no oozing)
- As with any product applied directly to the skin, some type of reaction (rash) may occur in people with sensitive skin.
- If a reaction occus, wash and dry the area and reapply the product for shorter periods.
- If a rash or serious itching continues, discontinue use and consult your doctor.
- Keep out of reach of children.