Item number: NG-164
Uses: Designed for use on post-operative incision scars in the abdominal area such as scars from Caesarean-sections (C-Section) and abdominoplasty (tummy-tuck).
So how exactly do NewGel+ beige silicone abdomen strips for scars work? Through a combination of sealing the scar from exposure, hydration, elevated skin temperature, and constant light pressure, results can be seen in as a little as three weeks. What's the difference between our beige and clear backing? Our beige backing is thicker and more durable than our clear backing, while clear backing is thinner and more comfortable for the users. However, both are just as effective as the other and contain the same amount of silicone. Our silicone gel sheeting contains no latex and is made in the USA.
- Developed by doctors for use in hospitals and clinics, NewGel+ Abdomen Strips are specially formulated medical grade silicone gel sheeting, clinically proven to reduce, flatten, fade and smooth scars – both old and new.
- NewGel+ Abdomen Strips offer a safe, effective, non-invasive method to manage and improve scars in the abdominal area. They can be worn beneath undergarments.
- NewGel+ Abdomen Strips work through a combination of occlusion (seals the scar from exposure to air/bacteria), hydration, elevated skin temperature and continuous light pressure.
- Positive results can be seen in as little as 3 weeks.
- Clear backing is thinner and slightly more conformable than beige backing. Beige backing is thicker and slightly more durable than the clear backing. Both are equally effective and contain the same amount of silicone.
- Contains no latex.
- Made in the U.S.A.
Size: Each package contains one 2 inch x 24 inch (5.1 cm x 61.0 cm) abdomen strip
Ingredients: Medical Grade Polymerized Siloxanes (Silicone Gel) with a Lycra (Spandex) backing
- Additional Information
Follow the directions below for correct usage:
- Only begin using NewGel+ silicone abdomen strips for scars one the scar is closed and/or once sutures have been removed. Never use on an open wound.
- Remove NewGel+ from packaging. If needed, trim the sheet so it extends at least ½ inch beyond the area to be treated.
- Wash and dry the area before applying NewGel+ silicone sheeting. Do this every time you re-apply.
- Ensure the area is free of creams, lotions, and ointments, as they could cause NewGel+ to lose its adhesiveness.
- Peel off the release liner from the sheeting and apply NewGel+ adhesive side down on the area being treated.
- While NewGel+ is adhesive, you may need to reinforce with our NewGel+ Tape or NewGel+ Elastic Netting.
NewGel+ silicone strips should be worn every day for 6 to 23 hours. For best results, wear continuously but remove once a day for inspection of the treated area and to allow the site to be washed and dried properly. If you have very sensitive skin, you may want to begin using NewGel+ for 4 hours per day for the first 4 days to determine if a reaction might occur. Thereafter, increase usage time. Our sheets should be worn every day for at least two months and additional improvement may occur with additional usage up to 6 months. If NewGel+ loses adhesiveness or becomes dirty, wash water mild hand soap and air dry before reapplying.
NewGel+ should be replaced once it deteriorates or will no longer stick. Each sheet should last 3-4 weeks. Keep packaging for storage when not in use.
For Optimal Results:
- Use NewGel+ sheeting as your primary treatment and NewGel+E silicone gel when sheeting would be inconvenient or hard to secure.
- Do not use both products at the same time.
- Do not begin using NewGel+ until your scar site is completely closed (sutures removed, no oozing)
- As with any product applied directly to the skin, some type of reaction (rash) may occur in people with sensitive skin.
- If a reaction occus, wash and dry the area and reapply the product for shorter periods.
- If a rash or serious itching continues, discontinue use and consult your doctor.
- Keep out of reach of children.